Got a question!

Hey everyone broke a tooth and am in extreme pain right now and a little doped up on Tylenol with codeine. Anyone ever had a broken tooth that had to be removed, or wisdom teeth removed and want to give me some advise on what will happen?? I am really nervous havent been to a dentist in years. Thanks!

I just realized that I put this in the in progress thread. Mods I am really sorry. If you could move it to the General Discussion.

Jman,

I feel for you, brother. I broke the corner off of one of my back molars a year ago and ended up having a crown put on it. I would have just had it pulled, but I was already missing a tooth in that area, so I needed this one to stay. The process was not painful at all -- before that I hadn't been to a dentist in close to 10 years myself -- but it is expensive to have a tooth crowned. Much cheaper to have it pulled. But the dentist will assess the situation and provide you with all your alternatives.

Bottom line is, I'm sure the pain you are experiencing right now far exceeds the any pain you will feel seeking treatment.

Good luck.

Andy

Thanks. Yeah I need to also have my wisdom teeth pulled, and thats the tooth that broke, so its gonna go. I have never had a tooth pulled so I dont know what to experience, but I havent been able to eat, or sleep, its been a rough couple of days!

Thanks. Yeah I need to also have my wisdom teeth pulled, and thats the tooth that broke, so its gonna go. I have never had a tooth pulled so I dont know what to experience, but I havent been able to eat, or sleep, its been a rough couple of days!

Seriously, the worst part is a couple of pricks from the needle on your gum to apply the anesthetic. once that's done, you will not feel a thing. It seems like a lot of the dentists in my area advertise that they "cater to cowards" . . . in other words, they understand most folks' apprehension about going to the dentist and do everything they can to make you as comfortable as possible. From my experience, things changed a LOT (for the better) in the decade since I last sat in the chair.

Edited by warthoglvr

Yeah I remember getting the prick from the needle for the novacaine, and it wasnt so bad. I am worried about after that wears off and the pain of losing those teeth come out. On one side when I bite down I actually bite down on the inside of my cheeks and I have actually brought blood more than a dozen times. I finally got insurance but its state funded insurance and I had a really hard time finding this dentist. I went to Aspen Dental and to have 3 wisdom teeth extracted, 11 fillings, yes I know its been awhile and should have taken better care of my teeth, and a deep cleaning, they wanted $4894 and I said you must be on crack. Man I wish I was young enough to go to school again, I would be a dentist. LOL

Hey just wanted to let you all know that I got that tooth removed yesterday. Man it felt weird. I could actually feel the roots being pulled out. It hurt but not that bad. I am just glad I found that Dentist, because it only cost me $2 to have it removed whereas if I would have paid cash it would have cost me $240. Not a bad deal I say so myself. I also got some more pain meds so its helping. Havent taken any today, so I am in a little bit of pain. Thanks for all the support. The other teeth are impacted so I have to go see an oral surgeon in Milwaukee to get those done. Ill let you know how that goes.