Can anyone give me any ideas what book(s) to get about US tank warfare in Europe in WW2? I've searched Amazon,but find only one that fits my preferences. I'm basically looking for a book as told from or by the crew members. Thanks for any info.

Can anyone give me any ideas what book(s) to get about US tank warfare in Europe in WW2? I've searched Amazon,but find only one that fits my preferences. I'm basically looking for a book as told from or by the crew members. Thanks for any info.

I think there is one called "Thunderbolt", but not sure. It is about the experiences of then Lt. Col Creighton Abrams. Also, by Belton Cooper (?) "Deathtrap". Again, I am a little fuzzy about the title, but I think they were it.

Yuk

'Deathtrap' is an OK book, repeats itself a little bit toward the end. You can only say so many times how ugly things got when the M4 Shermans were being shredded by German AT forces.

While specifcially geared toward the M4 Sherman: 'Armored Thuderbolt' by Steve Zaloga was a good read. It's a heck of a reference for any M4 Sherman fan and it really goes into details on how the M4 was brought into WWII and found to be "shall we say" not an equal to it's enemy. Lots of good info on the politics that kept the design changes limited and more interesting the very slow changes made to the main armament (75mm to 76mm, and even that wasn't a really good answer).

Cheers

ATIS