Confused by Tomcats

Ok as it says in the title I'm confused by Tomcats.

I don't know when the ECM blisters were fitted to the aircraft or the later tail stiffeners over the older hexagonal ones.

And are the Hasegawa F-14 B's wrong? As the Hasegawa B's have the PTID, and the photo's I have of F-14B cockpits show the the square screen replacing the PTID. And I've also noticed that the Hasegawa D's feature the PTID in the rear cockpit, and not the later panel with the DDD and the MDI.

Is it me? Or are Tomcats confusing?

Ok as it says in the title I'm confused by Tomcats.

I don't know when the ECM blisters were fitted to the aircraft or the later tail stiffeners over the older hexagonal ones.

And are the Hasegawa F-14 B's wrong? As the Hasegawa B's have the PTID, and the photo's I have of F-14B cockpits show the the square screen replacing the PTID. And I've also noticed that the Hasegawa D's feature the PTID in the rear cockpit, and not the later panel with the DDD and the MDI.

Is it me? Or are Tomcats confusing?

I think you're quite confused.

The ECM blisters were fitted to block 125 F-14A's, and were in place on all F-14B's and D's as they were manufactured. The square PTID screen in the RIO's pit replaced the round fish bowl scope late in the F-14's service life. So if you're wanting to build an early B or D, you can use the kits stock cockpit.

All of hasegawa's kits do not have the square PTID screen in the kits and must be replaced if building a bombcat from OEF/OIF.

Check out my Tomcats 101 article above and it should be of some use to you.