Eduard revel spitfire V flaps on tamiya posible?

Hi all, i'm working on tamiya's 1/72nd MK. Vb with aries detail set.

it dawned on on me that it would be a shame to use all this resin and not touch the flaps

so question is can i use the flaps from the revel set on a tamiya?

how much modifying would be involved?

ebay link

PS if anyone can tell me who has the tamiya PE that would also be appreciated.

Don't know if you can fit this to that, but seeing a Spitfire with the flaps down while the a/c is parked is extremely rare. The only time it happened was when the a/c was being worked on, and even then, there is very little reason to put the flaps down to work on anything other than the flaps themselves, which would be rare. The pilot's notes called for the flaps to be 'up' as soon as you touch down so that they didn't block air flow through the radiators and overheat the engine.

J

Spitfire flaps worked by air pressure, which did not bleed off, in fact one of the rigger's daily duties was to check the pressure in the system, so, as Jennings says, if it isn't trestled up, for maintenance work, you'd be very unlikely to see the flaps down. Aside from that, the flaps were generally the same size and shape (until you get into the 20-series and 40-series Seafires,) so should be one-size-fits-all.

Edgar

the flaps were generally the same size and shape, so should be one-size-fits-all.

That might be so if all kits were exact scale replicas of the real thing. And we know how often that happens :)

J

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like you saved me some money then. One more question. There's a set of mkI wheel wells on eBay would those fit an mkV? It's made for tamiya so no worries there. Also do you guys figure it's worth the efort to upgrade a spitfires wheel wells on this scale?

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like you saved me some money then. One more question. There's a set of mkI wheel wells on eBay would those fit an mkV? It's made for tamiya so no worries there. Also do you guys figure it's worth the efort to upgrade a spitfires wheel wells on this scale?

The Tamiya wheels aren't bad. Five-spoke wheels were fitted to the Mk.I and Mk.V, so there's no difference there. I wouldn't waste my money on replacements in 1/48.

J