Westland Wessex walkaround inc. interior

Here are photos of Westland Wessex HC.2, XV728 housed at the Newark Air Museum, Newark, Notts. A huge thanks to the museum and in particular Mick Coombes who opened Argonaut up for me on the day.

I hope these might come in useful for anyone modelling a Wessex. Interior images added 25/08/10.

WestlandWessex89.jpg

WestlandWessex90.jpg

WestlandWessex91.jpg

WestlandWessex20.jpg

WestlandWessex37.jpg

WestlandWessex108.jpg

Edited by geedubelyer
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you Alexander, you are very welcome.

It seems an oversight by plastic manufacturers that they don't offer a large scale Wessex/Sikorsky but perhaps a man of your calibre can build one from scratch? That I'd like to see. :thumbsup:

With kind permission of the Newark air Museum I was able to take photos of the interior of their Wessex "ARGONAUT".

Mick Coombes was the gentleman who generously gave his time to open up the exhibit and allow me to take pictures of whatever I wanted. He was also kind enough to tell me of Argonauts history in N.Ireland as well as many of the other exhibits too.

I am very grateful to Mick for his patience and tolerance in allowing me all the time I needed to snap the following images.

First up, Argonauts new winch. (courtesy of Airventure In Doncaster I believe.)

tn_Wessexinterior072.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior067.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior001.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior070.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior085.jpg

Now a look around inside:

tn_Wessexinterior004.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior005.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior006.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior007.jpg

tn_Wessexinterior008.jpg

Edited by geedubelyer

Blimey, XV728 - that brings back some memories! Just checked my log book to see I first flew her over 22 years ago - now I feel really ancient! Good to hear Dave Coombes still associated with the Wessex; at least I know there's someone even older than me still going from those halcyon days.

Hi Pat, hi Sernak, you're welcome. I hope these images prove useful.

Hi tarlucan, so you know this chopper? Cool. Hope these photos brought back some happy memories. Did you fly with her or were you involved in aquiring the exhibit for the NAM?

Cheers,

:bandhead2: