Uploading an avatar problems

Why can't I upload an avatar? Is there something I don't know? Perhaps, I need to have more posts? Every time I try to upload an avatar within the size limits, its fails. Does anyone have any suggestions or reasons why this happens?

Why can't I upload an avatar? Is there something I don't know? Perhaps, I need to have more posts? Every time I try to upload an avatar within the size limits, its fails. Does anyone have any suggestions or reasons why this happens?

If you're trying to upload directly to ARC from your computer, it won't work. The feature was disabled. You'll need to upload your avatar/pic at a photo hosting site like Photobucket then add the photo link from that site to ARC. There's a how-to somewhere around here. :sunrevolves:

Are you sure? I'm talking about the avatar, which is under your display name. Not the signature, which is under your post.

Avatars and other photos need to be hosted via a photo storage website. For your avatar, you'll need to copy the direct link from the host site and paste that link into the provided box in your My Controls window, if I remember right.