The Art Of The Storyboard Diorama

TheHomecoming190.jpg

The finished footlocker in birch wood which looks a lot like pine in full scale.It has only been slightly weathered as it would be from use and transport otherwise it should please the Sargent Major when he inspects the barracks.I didn't use any ranking on it or attempt to scale the nameplate stencil for storytelling reasons.It is dedicated to my father in law.

Edited by JohnReid

Well I think that is it,now I can begin tearing it down again into separate modules in preparation for final assembly..From now on things should go fairly quickly as most of the creative stuff has now been done. :rolleyes:

I have finally reached the point with this diorama where adding even one more thing to it would probably be a mistake. Ya gotta know when enough is enough.Not that I don't have anything more that I could add but if I did it would just look cluttered.I have some left over figures,engines,lots of junk yard stuff,even a Wright brothers 1/16th scale engine.I am not planning anymore 1/16th stuff right now but of course that could always change down the road,so I will store it all for now.

Next up will be the G scale "Once Upon a Time In The West"RR piece to finish,then the peregrine falcon sculpture to finish as well and then I will begin "Wild Bills " 1/10th scale old west stage coach.

"Man plans, God laughs"

This is a case whereby I figure that I should stop and just finish the two windows on the side facade with the ship and the nosy neighbor.Any finishing of the main facade would only detract from the storyline in my opinion.Curtains,blinds,stained glass will be enough here as I don't want to distract the views eye from the main storyline which is what is going on in the backyard.

Edited by JohnReid