Will trade a 1/48 Sukhoi-22/17 Recce Pod for A6M5 lower wing half

Hi there, blokes 'n' sheilas :wave:

I've recently gotten the bloody awful AMT Ertl 1/48 A6M5 Zero kit, which is real awful, 'n' upon openin' the box I realised the whole lower wing half was missin' from the sprues. :blink: Contacted the customer service department at AMT, whose mere answer to me was like, "Durr-durr-durty-durty-doo..." meanin' of which is ne'er to expect a replacement for that kit. :rolleyes:

Aside from the fact that their Zero kit is the closest to bein' a bloody joke, this answer is yet one more reason not to ever buy a kit from them ever again, even if it were for free.

The reason why I bought this kit is that I intend to use this less than mediocre kit to do a wrecked Zero diorama, 'n' no way I'm usin' either a Tamiya or Hasegawa kit for this purpose, aye? But there's no way I can start my build without the lower half wing. Consequently, I've got this 1/48th scale KP KKR-1 Reconnaisance Pod to go with any Sukhoi-22/17 aircraft to trade for just the lower wing half on a 1/48th scale AMT/Ertl Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero kit.

KKR-1ReccePod.jpg

Anyone's partin' with their lousy 1/48 AMT/Ertl A6M5 kit's lower wing half - assembled or not, please let me know, awlright?

Cheers,

Unc²

• 4 weeks later...

:salute:BUMPSTER...!!!

Awlright; time to get serious here. Me's gonna throw in an electric paint shaker by Robart - workin' awesome; 5000 shakes a minute. Transformer's input 110V - output 6V 750 Ma. It does wonders for yer settled paints, all the more so if ya add a couple metal BBs as agitators inside.

SANY0292.jpg

Ya in yet, blokes? :blink:

Jesus...!!!

Edited by Uncle Uncool
  • 2 weeks later...

:huh: Jean-Claude Van DAMN...!!! Ya're a tough audience, ain't ya?

:lol: Aw, but uncool's got the strength to endure ('n' all the love so pure). Here: the battery-powered Badger Model 121 Paint Mixer, brand new, unused, workin' on two 1.5V AA batteries - will stir any liquid substances like a whirlwind from Kansas, even resin! - hell! ya might use it on yer cocktails too! :lol:

I will kindly include those two rechargeable Coby Ni-MH batteries as well.

SANY0305.jpg

Comin' "them" conclusions, anyone...? It doesn't get any better than this, y'know.

Cheers,

Unc²

• 2 weeks later...

:blink: Wow... I really can't quite fathom whut it is 'bout this trade that ya don't find irresistible... :jaw-dropping: Perhaps ya blokes are missin' the point that ya get each 'n' every item added to the trade, not just the last addition; this is, in exchange for the 1/48 AMT/ERTL Zero lower wing half ya'll get:

1 1/48 KP KKR-1 Reconnaisance Pod (new)

1 1/48 KP SPS-141 MWGA ECM Pod (new)

2 1/48 KP AS-10 Karen air-to-ground missiles (new)

1 Electric paint shaker by Robart (used, but workin' 'n' in perfect condition)

1 Battery-powered paint mixer by Badger (new)

'N' now I'm addin' Verlinden's 1/48 F-15C photoetched tailpipes (new)

F-15C1-48Tailpipes.jpg

Comin' them conclusions now... :bandhead2:

Cheers,

Unc²

Just a thought, but I suspect your trade items have little to do with it. There are few people who probably have the old AMT (Otaki?) Zero kit period, much less a spare wing.

Besides, specific trades have less chance of working out. Someone who does has a Zero kit with a spare wing may not have any interest in some specific parts from modern jet aircraft kits.

Have you looked for the AMT or Otaki Zero kit on eBay. I can't imagine that they are selling for very much.

Edited by Dave Williams
Just a thought, but I suspect your trade items have little to do with it. There are few people who probably have the old AMT (Otaki?) Zero kit period, much less a spare wing.

Well, Dave; the way I see it is that, bein' the AMT 1/48 Zero kit so popular 'n' yet so awful, someone might see fit do without either their whole built kit or just chopped off wings in order to trade 'em for the goods me's offerin' in exchange. It ain't I'm askin' for a Tamiya or Hasegawa kit wing, y'know. :D

Besides, specific trades have less chance of working out. Someone who does has a Zero kit with a spare wing may not have any interest in some specific parts from modern jet aircraft kits.

Uh-huh... I concur, but common sense dictates that it ought to be a deal to anyone to get a tool most usually employed in modellin' at such a bargain price; I mean, the electric paint shaker by Robart itself is nearly worth three complete AMT 1/48 Zero kits... :D Not to mention the battery-powered paint mixer by Badger or the Verlinden 1/48 Eagle PE tailpipes!

Have you looked for the AMT or Otaki Zero kit on eBay. I can't imagine that they are selling for very much.

Evil-bay is a no-go 'cause it wouldn't make any sense for me to pay $15 to ship a kit which maybe costs $10. :D

Ya see my dilemma now, lad?

Cheers,

Unc²

Whatever, man. Good luck finding someone with the very specific part that you need.

Yeh, yeh, yeh... -----> yawn.gif <----- I know... "Durr, durr, durty, durty, doo..." all over again; like an overdose of nuthin'ness. :rolleyes:

Awlright, fellas; time to toss in YET a new item to the trade for a new year, the ubiquitous 1/48th scale Verlinden Scribin' Template - brand new, still sealed inside its bag.

1-48ScribingTemplate.jpg

Noice! Yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss...???

Cheers,

Unc²

:thumbsup:Awlright... enuf's enuf; will toss a lil' more final items into this trade 'n' then will just let this one wither 'n' die after this.

Tradeitems.jpg

Counterclockwise from top it's as follows:

Mascot set of 6 reamers for plastic, wood or metal; drill gauges #42 to #73, bloody awesome for finishin' drilled holes on guns 'n' air inlets. (new, still unopened).

Vacuum-pump handlin' tool for canopies 'n' small or delicate parts, with 3 different tip sizes - 1/8" 1/4" 'n' 3/8" (new, still boxed).

2mm-wide stainless steel modeler's chisel ideal for gettin' rid of raised panel lines without marrin' adjacent detail such as rivets (new item).

Thank ye very much, 'n' this is as far as I go.

Cheers,

Unc²

• 4 weeks later...

Blokes 'n' sheilas of ARC,

It's my enormous pleasure to announce ya that, in spite of the usual ('n' useless) "Durr-durr-durty-durty-doos" 'n' "Deer-deer-dirty-dirty-deeds" my search is finally over, courtesy of Mr Troy Smith! :D

A6M5LowerWing.jpg

After a little work on Troy's wings (had to unglue the top wing halves, remove the flaps 'n' ailerons), me thinks Troy's lower wing half will fit my lousy AMT/Ertl kit's like a "gluve." :D

But most important thing is not only has Troy had the comradeship to send me his 1/48 Monogram A6M Zero lower wing half at no charge all the way down from England, but also he didn't ask for any of those items offered by me as a trade in return. Troy, my mate, here's to ya:

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

Hello, Troy, bloke! :D Good bye, AMT/Ertl... :D

Unc²