Hi to all ARC readers! I'd just like to ask anybody especially those experts on IDF/IAF, what should be the color of the canopy interiors for F-16A Netz, F-15I Ra'am, A-4 Ahit, F-4 Kurnass and IDF Mirage IIICJs? I had found one or two images here and there in the net but there were just not good representatives for those areas of my concern. Some were far enough and worst masked by shadows. I'm preparing the paints for all those kits and just don't want to start without all the cards on the table. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

Edited by flybywire

Most will be black, I think the Mirages might be grey.

If you can find any photo of the interiors of these a/c, and not specifically IDF/AF versions they should all be the same.

Curt

Edited by Netz

Hi Curt! Thank you very much for all those info! :cheers:

I have one more question to ask. What version/s of the Ahit could you find the underwing gun barrels near the wing root? I have seen pictures of Ahits with "humps" but there were no black flash pannels nor gun barrels. By the way I will be using the Hasegawa !/48 A-4E/F kit with Isradecal IAF-60 decal sheet.

Any of them could have 30mm guns.

You really need to chose the A/C (by number) that you want to do and research that specific airframe for the time frame you want to build, this basically applies to any IDF/AF a/c as they do so many mods, there just is no blanket answer when it comes to the IDF.

I've seen the "E" with no electronics hump that has 30mm photographed in 1972, H's N's both with and without 30mm.

Curt

:lol: :salute:

Any of them could have 30mm guns.

You really need to chose the A/C (by number) that you want to do and research that specific airframe for the time frame you want to build, this basically applies to any IDF/AF a/c as they do so many mods, there just is no blanket answer when it comes to the IDF.

I've seen the "E" with no electronics hump that has 30mm photographed in 1972, H's N's both with and without 30mm.

Curt

Thanks Curt!! :salute: Alrighty I'll have more sleepless nights doing some more surfing..... :jaw-dropping:

Edited by flybywire
Colour in cockpit:

Mirage IIICJ - black

A-4 Ayit - Grey

F-4E Kurnass Grey

F-16 Netz/Barak /Sufa - grey with black instrument panels

F-15I Rá am - full black

Martin

Many thanks Martin for all those info! I really appreciate it! :jaw-dropping:

Edited by flybywire
Colour in cockpit:

F-16 Netz/Barak /Sufa - grey with black instrument panels

Martin

F-16A Netz Standard Grey

F-16C/D Bllk 30 Standard Grey

F-16C/D Barak Blk 40 Black instrument panel, consoles,Console sides,center pedestal, sidewalls rear deck and Bulkhead. Grey floor, rudder pedals,console sides under instrument panel.

Sufa, They only have the Black instrument panel and consoles.

Curt

Hi to both of you Curt and Martin! Many thanks for those info anyway, but I was actually looking for answers for the CANOPY interior color, not the cockpit per se, just double checking if we're talking of the same banana. You could refer back to my first posting and you could see there that I wrote CANOPY INTERIOR. Thanks again for the added info that you've provided!! :rofl:

Correct, my first response was directed to the canopy frame.

The second was to correct the cockpit interior colors.

Curt

Hi Curt! Yeah, that's was actually my impression. Just verifying things. :woot.gif: Many thanks again for taking time to share more info with me!! ;)