O/T question regarding gas pumps...

Are you talking about this kind of gas can?

179056_lg.jpg

We actually have a couple of them, and I really like them. I like that I can get the nozzle into what ever it is Im filling up, and then can slowly open the valve to control the amount of gas that comes out of the can.

This is the one except the one I bought didn't come with the white flex tube extension (none of the ones at the store had them. THAT would probably make a bit of a difference. I use mine to fill up the lawn mower which has a small opening and there is a vapor recovery safety plate around the inside of it as well (it's getting to be where you'll be required to wear a hazmat suit to mow your grass). Without that tube you can't get the can in the right angle to prevent it from splashing around and having to hold the flimsy safety pour trigger in just the right way prevents me from being able to support it in the "sweet spot". I've tried using funnels but that didn't do much but add another potential spillage point. And anyone that's poured a liguid out of a container with a small opening knows that having a relief vent on the opposite site of the spout will help the flow. So what do they do? Take off the pour vent. Because a billionth of a micron of vapor might escape, which it's going to eventually anyway. It's WAAAAY over engineered, poorly.