French Navy Ju 188s

I am currently working on a 1/32 Ju 188 E/F conversion for the Revell Ju 88 A-1 kit for my AIMS range and wish to include the French Navy decal option 10.S.13. I can see in the Monograph publication that there is text on all the Ju 188 fins but known of the pics are clear enough to see what it is? Are there any French modelling historians out there that can help me please?

Many thanks in the mean time

John

You can contact me at j_s_mcillmurray@talk21.com

Apparently it's AEROSUDEST

Sorry I could not follow the French website due to 'pop-ups' and a poor language education! Can you just confirm that the text on the fin reads 'Aerosudest.' I do not know what this means so any info that can be put on the instructions will be much appreciated

Best wishes

Pastor John (AIMS)

Edited by Pastor John

AEROSUDEST = AERO-SUD-EST= AERO-SOUTH-EAST, it's the producer name (which became later SNCASE)

The discussion was initiated by forumer name Flying Frog, he didn't show evidences, but said to have asked to historian friends and he gave reference : Pierre Dumollard - Junkers 88 et 188 français, page 72.

At first I gave you a link to contact him, but as he is an alp decals producer, it becomes a commercial problem ...

He drew the decals ( 2009) but I don't know if he sold them.

Anyway he's here

http://www.ffsmc-productions.com/

Edited by N.leleupi

Many thanks indeed, that is a great help. I can see that there are at least two more characters underneath the text AEROSUDEST. I do not know what they could be - a repeat of some of the fuselage code perhaps?

Thanks again for your great help

John

Edited by Pastor John

Following normal French practice, this will be the the production number.

10S-13 was the fourth and last Ju188, so the script will be No 4. (Except that the o is raised.)

Partial confirmation of this comes on P30 of Dumollard, wher I believe I can see No.3 on the fin, and a number of photos showing Ju88 tails. I cannot find a photo of 10S-13.