Dark stains under decals

Hi all,

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Photo1.jpg

You can see the stains I am having problems with near the circular panels, and at the leading and trailing edge of the walkway lines. The stains are actually underneath the clear areas of decal. I have changed the brush I apply Micro set and sol with, and opened new bottles of each product, but I'm still getting the staining.

The paint underneath is Tamiya grey primer, Tamiya flat black pre-shading, Mr. Hobby H308 (thinned with cellulose thinners and a drop or two of flow improver in the colour cup) then Tamiya X-22 Clear, thinned with cellulose thinners, then allowed to dry for at least 24 hours.

Has anyone ever seen this and determined the cause? It even spreads out from the edge of the decal in to the surrounding paint work, and can not be cleaned off. It's like the microscale stuff is attacking the paint. I can't get rid of it, so will have to try and airbrush it out, or abandon the model. Just looking for some advice to avoid seeing this again.

Thanks for any help,

Gareth