1937 Ford, US Forest Service patrol truck

Revell 1937 Ford Truck, built as a US Forest Service fire patrol vehicle. Paint is Rustolium Hunter Green, decals were made by me. The fire package was all scratchbuilt from brass rod, wire screen, a sewing bobbin, wire and strip / sheet plastic. The tools mostly came from G scale model railroad suppliers.

The truck represents a light duty patrol truck with a 60 gallon water tank and a small fan belt driven Panama pump.

1937FordUSFSPatrol1.jpg

1937FordUSFSPatrol2.jpg

1937FordUSFSPatrol3.jpg

1937FordUSFSPatrol4.jpg

This too is a really nice build, and the scratch building you have done is great. Just curious, are the hub caps two pieces, or one piece and you have painted the outer portion green, assuming they are not part of the rim. I think I need to get me one of these kits, great looking model. Oh, and your paint work is perfect, just the right amount of sheen for 1937.

Thanks.

It is a great kit with good fit and detail. The recent reissue adds the option of a 1938 grill (but not the correct hood for a 38).

The wheels and hubcap are seperate, with vinyl tires.

Too cool, thanks for the info....when are model companies going to start offering parts packs again....model hot rodders could never have too many 32 grills, 3 duece carbs for flatheads, dropped front axles, and now the wide 5 wheels and caps from this kit.......

• 2 weeks later...