Revell NasCar - Bobby Labonte # 18

This is my third NASCAR kit for this GB, i have loved every minute of the builds i have done and look forward to the completion of the challange.

here is my next build a 1/24 scale revell Nascar Kit - #18 Bobby Labonte done up in the livery of Small Soldiers

DSC05576.jpg

ii have attached the fire wall to the main chassis section and painted it ready for fitting of the detailed parts

DSC05595.jpg

the engine has been assembled and painted, there is a little bit of toouch up to be done but you cant really tell from the photos

DSC05596.jpg

more pics will be added at a later date when i get more of it done - keep checking back and all positive comments are greatly recieved

well guys more has been done, and i am sorry but i got a little bit carried away with the build and forgot to take some in progress pics along the way until now

i have added the engine and roll cage to the car and permanantly attached it all in place

DSC05604.jpg

a little bit of touch up was required on the engione once the glue dried,

DSC05606.jpg

DSC05607.jpg

DSC05608.jpg

DSC05609.jpg

so far it seems as though it is going together ok with no major dramas at all.

the underside has been attached and the rear axle added

DSC05610.jpg

i have primed and painted the inside of the car and masked off and started to paint the two tone orange and black colour scheme on the outside of the body

DSC05601-1.jpg

DSC05601.jpg

DSC05605.jpg

when it is finished which at the rate that i am going it is going to look pretty cool i must say

here is a picture of what i want it to look like soon

DSC05602.jpg

next step from here is to add the front axle and weather the tires with some sandpaper to give them a used look and then fit the tires to the axle, once this is done it is nearly a complete rolling chassis minus the body except for a few detail parts like exhaust etc

then it will be onto the finishing the paint job on the body of the car, decalling the car body.

i am nearly at the point where i dread, painting the window frames on the clear windscreen i hate that bit, even with masking there is often a little run

keep checking back for more updates.

cool thanks for that information, what do you recomend for masking? i have used MASKOL and or Tamiya Tape, with the future that goes over the top of the masking???

forgive me for asking but i have never used future at all so unsure really how it works, or where to get it from.

cheers

well more has been done, the car bodie has been finished and clear coated , came out not to bad but the little bits can be covered up with decals,

DSC05614.jpg

DSC05613.jpg

DSC05612.jpg

DSC05611.jpg

the front axle section has been added and ready to be fitted with the rubber

DSC05616.jpg

the wheels and rims have been assembled and ready for detailing with sandpaper

DSC05618.jpg

radiator and hoses attached

DSC05615.jpg

ready to cut up the decals now and put them on,

DSC05617.jpg

going well so far better than i thought even,

i have found with these kits they go together OOB really easy with no major dramas.

well some more was done over yesterday, i got right into it and wsa up until 1.30am getting as much done as possible

the tires were sanded and weathered to give them a race worn look, and then they were fitted to the car with some minor detailing done on the nuts and hubs of each rim

i was pleased with the way they came out, i have started to get the technique for the sanding bit just the way that i like to have the tires

DSC05625.jpg

DSC05624.jpg

i then moved onto the challenge of the decals on the car body

i think that they came out well and went on ok, some better than others but the look it there and complete, the whole process was going well until the kids knocked over the bottle of microsol and spilt the whole lot

DSC05621.jpg

DSC05623.jpg

DSC05619.jpg

once these were all dry and clear coated the body was fitted to the rest of the car for a check fit and to see what it looked like

DSC05629.jpg

DSC05628.jpg

DSC05627.jpg

DSC05626.jpg

one more step to go which is the dreaded painting of the window frames

and then the best is complete and will fit well with my other NASCAR kits, i am always on the loookout for more NASCAR models as here in new zealand they not common.

well team the car is complete, i got the windows painted and thanks to the awesome advice that i got in regards to painting the frames with out runs, guess wot no runs yay

thanks bigasshammm great information.

let me know what you think

DSC05635.jpg

DSC05633.jpg

DSC05631.jpg

DSC05634.jpg

DSC05632.jpg

all in all another cool build with a great final scheme, i love building these cars and they look cool on the shelf.

Nice finish. What black was that that you used? I love the satin look that the body had before decaling.

Sorry not to get back right away about the window masks but it looks like to got it right. Normal Tamiya tape or whatever is fine to use. Nt sure if you got Future but it can just be applied straight to models with a brush or your airbrush. Give it a day to dry or something and then go nuts. It's best also to remove the maskin shortly after painting so it doesn't harden and crack the edge when pulled off.