Eduard Gun Bay set for HobbyBoss 1/48 A-10

Looking at the instructions, it seems that if I choose to build out the guy bay set (48-577, which includes two bay doors and two sides), I'll have to scratchbuild my own gun bay 'ceiling'. The ammo drum is cemented directly to the port fuselage but there appears to be a huge gap between it and the starboard fuselage.

Wouldn't the whole interior of the fuselage be visible through this gap alongside the drum? Has anyone run into this problem, or am I making a mountain out of a much smaller mountain?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Interesting point...

Not sure how it works out on the 1:1 -does it have a roof to the ammo drum area? None of my reference pics are at the right angle to see that far inside.

However, whilst the HB cannon assembly locates on the starboard side since it is offset that way, there is an ammo feed section (part #C3) at the bottom which is offset to port, so there won't be much see-thru from below.

The best image I can find is this one of the Aires gun-bay for the Italeri 1/72 kit:

Aires A-10 GAU-8

This set does have an enclosed ammo-drum section... :unsure: