Flightpath vs Italeri C-130E/H

I've read several reviews of the resin engines offered by Flightpath and have noted they've all mentioned that the resin narrower than the Italeri engines and that it's not an easy modification to do ... but they don't expand on that. While I agree they do improve the appearence of the completed model, I have a question before I spring for a couple of sets...

Can someone who has actually used the Flightpath engines with one of the releases of the Italeri C-130's (or the Airfix re-boxing of the Italeri plastic) give a an accounting of what exactly is involved and in particular, how did you get pass the width difference between the resin and the molded portions of the nacelles on the underwing halves? Ideally, a WIP showing the mating of the resin engines to the kit would be the way to go ... but that'd be too much to hope for.

Thanks in advance....

Scott

Scott,

Take it from someone who tried 2 different sets of resin nacelles, including Flightpath. It is much easier to lengthen the kit nacelles with plasticard than trying to fit the resin nacelles. I have a bunch of references at home which I can post tonight.

PM me and I will send you what I have.

You can view my build thread here:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=249172&st=0&p=2368500&hl=cc-130&fromsearch=1entry2368500

I have a set of the Flightpath engines and engines manufactuered by others. They all seem to have the same issue. I am in in the initial stages of fitting a set of AE2000 engines to a C-130J build. All is did was to attach them and then reduce the plastic around the engine mount at the wing to fair it in. There is enough plastic there to be able to remove the excess. Seems to be working for me. So it is not a big deal. Perhaps the Italeri kit is at fault with their engiines being too wide?