Dear colleagues,

Has anyone, by chance, stumbled upon some decent drawings for the Kaman HH-43 helicopter?

I'm especially interested in the earlier piston-driven USN & USMC versions, HOK-1 / HUK-1; they are quite different from the later turbine-powered ones, as you surely know.

I'm aware about a book on the HH-43, titled "Kaman H-43: An Illustrated History" (by Wayne Mutza, published by Schiffer).

Has anyone had a look inside?

Does it contain any worthwhile drawings?

Since the book costs quite a few bucks, I'm a bit reluctant to order it only to find out that there are no drawings, just photos and stories.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards,

Alex

There are a few drawings in the book but none are scale drawings and none of them will help with building an early H-43. The book is still a must-have if you like the H-43. It is packed with great photos and details on this great little helicopter.

If you come across the Merlin HOK kit, avoid it at all costs. It is, without doubt, one of the worst kits of any kind ever released and is probably the worst helicopter kit ever released.

LD.