Questions on Macchi C.200 Saetta

I saw a 1/72 Revell kit at a good price in my LHS and I couldn't resist and bought it. I have some questions about the kits and the actual aircraft:

1.- Is it an original Revell kit or is it another typical Revell of Germany rebox?

2.- How accurate is it? I see it is very simple without cockpit details or wheel wells, but I'm talking about the overall shape/dimmensions.

3.- I began looking for pics inmediately after I arrived home from my trip to the LHS. I see the kit's propeller has a conical spinner, but it in the pictures I found on the net, they have no spinner, like most American aircraft that use radial engines. Any additional info on this? Was a spinner in fact used or it's just a kit unaccuracy to be fixed.

4.-Regarding question number 3: The marking options are the following:

a.- 374ª Squadriglia, 153º Gruppo Autonomo, Grottaglie, Italy, April 1941.

b.- 3./JG108, Bad Völau, Summer 1944 (a German-captured C.200)

If anyone has additional info on any of these options, specially the first one, please let me know, maybe it used a spinner and won't have to make the modification. Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards.

José.

I'l check that, but I think it's easy to fix. Still can find wartime pics of C.200 with a propeller spinner, all I could find are model kit pics, but they're C.200 w/ enclosed canopy.

P.S. Just noticed that Italeri's 1/72 C.202 comes with extra tailplanes, smaller and marked "not for use". I have this parts, maybe I can use them on my C.200?

Edited by Zero Enna
  • 3 weeks later...

2.- How accurate is it? I see it is very simple without cockpit details or wheel wells, but I'm talking about the overall shape/dimmensions.

I compared the kit to the drawings, fuselage is just too small.

For best reference, buy Mushroom book. There is plenty of photos, profiles and quality drawings.

I believe AML kit is the most accurate, but it's typical short run multimedia kit and much more expensive.

On the other hand, there is also Hobbyboss offering, but it has a lot of negative comments.

Forget about the spare tailplanes, they're the late tailplanes to be used on the C.205... Well, just ordered a C.205, I hope it comes with the C.202 tailplanes for using them on the C.200. Thank you all for your replies. Best regards.

José.