Seen threads like this before thought I'd share mine.

Sitting in the lving room yesterday while my 3 year old plays around the house. She god upstairs to her room and I can hear her playing and she's having a good time. Then things go quiet for awhile and my quiet alarm hadn't gone off yet. Finally I hear the door to my display case close so I go running upstairs.

Carmagedon 2012!

She had opened and rearranged all of my formula 1 cars and Mitsubishi Evolutions that I keep in that case. 1 of which (MP4-25) is probably off to the bin. Both front wheels torn off. Rear wing in 4 prices. Front wings off. One mirror completely missing.

A couple other cars lost wheels but I think they'll be ok as I don't see any broken parts.

All told this all happened in about 10 minutes.

I had the same thing happen to me when my daughter was very young. I was heavily adding scratch built detail to the poorly detailed 1/48 Monogram F-18. This was before there was as much aftermarket goodies. That model was trashed after she finished with it.

I can definately feel your pain.

Sounds like it's time to put a lock or catch on the display case... Certainly it's a lot cheaper than rebuilding all those kits!

That said, now you have a reason to build more new kits! :woot.gif:/>

It's not really a true display case. I think at one time or it's original use was to store DVDs or books. But it has two glass doors so I put models in it. I guess it's not too big of a deal as the MP4-25 was probably the first to go once I need room and also the revell FW-19 wasn't very good either. I've got more kits of the same so I'll rebuild them eventually. Thankfully she didn't get the ones on the top shelf which are my favorites.

I found that Golden Retriever pups like the taste of Hobbycraft Canada 1/72 scale CF-100 decals as well as the taste of Monogram A-26 Invader front landing gear struts and wheels. Fortunately, Monogram sent me replacement parts. Rotten little dog!