F-16C block 40 Barak question

Good question, Eli. I'm really eager to see whether somebody can shed a light on that matter.

This much is clear, a few had some. At least...

So far, I haven't been able to identify any consistent system in reinforcement plate intallation on Barak II A/C, though.

"506" had only the rear H-shaped stiffeners in 2004, the same for "512" plus strengthening plates at the stabilizer roots in 2008.

In 2013 "525" was completely devoid of fuselage stiffeners, only depicting the stabilizer root strengthening plates.

Cheers,

Erik

Something's just crossed my mind...

As to the manufacturing timeline, Israeli Block 40 positively coincide with early USAF Block 50/50A. Given this, some of the Block 50's structural improvements may have been carried over to the Barak II during manufacturing. Moreover, compared with their US Block 40 counterparts, the Barak's TOW is significantly higher.

The presence of TEC plates on individual airframes might be the result of a "ad hoc/repair as necessary" measure based on the actual wear and tear.

Cheers,

Erik