M2bh8IY.jpg

Hi, everyone. The demands of work are taking a toll on my modeling time :(/> Real life gets in the way, doesn't it. I have 2 F-14 Dragon kits that

I've always wanted to paint up and finish. I picked up two of these quite some time ago just for the F-14s. The fuel tanks and missiles were still

hanging on the trees but I've since lost them so I'll have to look for replacements. I'm planning on patching up the panel lines but not get into too much

detailing. I wanted to print out some Top Gun decals for the pair of F-14As from the movie -- but I'll see what have in my stash first.

uJPjbB2.jpg

I do want to modify the tail a bit.

6mZHERy.jpg

aiN3Dna.jpg

..and file down the intake walls..

LFtHHzT.jpg

dfLo5VA.jpg

hZO9UGE.jpg

A lot of patching up to do on the door areas and other seams.

Edited by crackerjazz

CrackerJazz,

Two for the price of one, and 1/144 scale no less., What a great idea for a display of the two Tomcats. The positioning is really original, and does create a lot of visual interest. What are you planning for the actual base?

Joel

Hi falcon20driver, thanks! I was envious of your 1/48. I'll practice on these before I build my Hase. I've actually built a Revell 1/48 VF-84 Tomcat ages ago(like the one in this link: http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=16609 ) but it was a very basic model compared to the venerable Hasegawa 1/48 cat. : ) Hi Air-to-Air, I'm learning a lot from your 1/144 build! Hey, Joel, thanks -- I actually picked up 2 of the kits to build the pair of Tomcats :) When we moved I lost track of where the sprues are, so the F-18s are still in there somewhere. As for the base....ummm...that was pretty much all I had in mind (sheepish) : (