1:72 KP MiG-19S Farmer C Indonesia

The trusty old KP kit of the MiG-19S Farmer C built in the markings of the Indonesian Air Force.

This is an old kit, so it did need a bit of filler in places and like the other MiG-19 kits out there, the tailplanes weren't a good fit.

Added simple wire struts to the main undercarriage to give it more strength and replaced the plastic pitot boom in the nose with wire.

Overall Humbrol 27002.

The Print Scale decals posed a few problems, They tend to fold in two when trying to slide them off the paper, with numbers being the worst for doing it. Had to order a replacement sheet to get the numbers I had wrecked on the first try, which meant this one was sat around while the new decal sheet came.

Decal sheet

Build Photos

19583707298_55f9702bd7_b.jpgMiG-19S-45 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr

19771693715_fc263afac3_b.jpgMiG-19S-46 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr

19583641218_735d4bb3e9_b.jpgMiG-19S-47 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr

19149030944_b27f051a06_b.jpgMiG-19S-48 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr

19583583918_6336b072aa_b.jpgMiG-19S-49 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr

Nice model Ryan! Very nice, smooth finish on that aluminum paint :) Did the model have raised panel lines? I seem to remember KP -19S with raised panel lines. And a lot of putty...

Print Scale decals have some very cool options, but they sometimes have mistakes in print or design. While they are not as fragile as some Authentic Decals I've used, I still treat them with a bit of liquid decal film. I remember the "USS John C Stehng" decal I've had to redo to look accuratishly ;)

Nice model Ryan! Very nice, smooth finish on that aluminum paint :)/> Did the model have raised panel lines? I seem to remember KP -19S with raised panel lines. And a lot of putty...

Print Scale decals have some very cool options, but they sometimes have mistakes in print or design. While they are not as fragile as some Authentic Decals I've used, I still treat them with a bit of liquid decal film. I remember the "USS John C Stehng" decal I've had to redo to look accuratishly ;)/>

Yes it did start out with raised lines, but through filling the gaps, they were sanded off.

ues I found the decals weren't fragile, but alwaus wanted to fold in two. That was the problem I had.