Howdo

Considering the range of kits now available in 35th scale using the British designed L7 105mm gun, it seems overly tricky to source 105mm tank ammo.

Anyone know of a source?

Apparently the Italeri re-released accessories set has some; anyone know if this is true and, if so, are they any good?

Cheers, Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Ken. :thumbsup:/>/>

There doesn`t seem to be much (if anything) in production right now.

Surprising considering the amount of tank kits using the L7 105mm gun (and other versions) around at the moment.

I`ll keep a watch out as you suggest.

Cheers, Ian

Edited by Ian Buick

Hi Ian,

As Ken suggests, Tamiya's old "Modern U.S. Accessory Set" #35141 is still widely available across the internet. This contains 105mm ammunition for U.S. users of the L7 (M1, M60 tanks). Veterans or experts could tell you how accurate (or not) these rounds and their cases are. Recently, Tamiya repackaged this set with some infantry.

This kit can be confused with Tamiya's "Modern U.S. Military Equipment Set" #35266, an even-more-modern accessory set that does not contain these rounds. 35141 is "modern" in the 1980s sense; I have a ton of 'em because I mostly build in that era.

Additionally, Verlinden has made 105mm NATO ammunition sets in resin.

Edited by Fishwelding