1/72 Flettner Fl 282

Hey all,

This is my build of Huma's FL 282.

It was supposed to be a straight build but after starting it, I quickly realized that it needed heavy plastic surgery.

The engine was ridiculous, so I decided to make one from scratch..

I'm a step closer to blindness, but I happy with the end result. Its not perfect, but taken into account that I made it from basically electric wires, I call that a win![thumb]

P1040308.JPG

P1040313.JPG

I had around some homemade PE parts for a radio and a chair and I decided to used them as well.

P1040315.JPG

The engine after painting, tomorrow I'll give it a wash, it lacks depth.

P1040316.JPG

A lot of plastic grinding to make the engine fit where it is suppose to.

Since I don't have the RLM02 I mixed some green with the Tamiya XF-14. I am ok with the result [smile]

P1040319.JPG

Glued both halves together, filling/sand followed by filling/sand and some more filling/sand.

The pilot seat is also very rudimentary and I made some seatbelts with PE and aluminium foil.

P1040332.JPG

Here in more detail:

P1040337.JPG

Decided to make some PE for the control panel (actually I just wanted to know if my reagents were still good). Etching went really well and if I knew that before hand I would have add more detail.. well.. next time I know.

Added some more stuff to the seat, reworked the fuel tanks and started working in the rotor apparatus on the upper part of the bird.

P1040338.JPG

P1040340.JPG