Dateline - December 16, 1773

Bernard Flaw......We have breaking news from Boston for that we go to Wolfgang Shiffzer in our Headline News Room..Whatta ya got Wolf

Wolfgang - Bernard we have scattered reports of an indian attack details are sketchy...I'm in contact with Cristan Imindadoor...Cristan what can you tell us

Cristan - Wolfgang I've just arrived and I've interviewed several of the locals and it seems a large contingent of indians made their way past the guards in the harbor to launch a massive attack on the ships in the harbor; though no one is sure why some reports say a hundred while others say as many as 500..not much is clear..what is clear is that tea parties and afternoon teas with be on hold for a while. It seems the attackers who overwhelmed the locals have destroyed thousands of tons of tea being shipped from England, if you look over my shoulder you'll see a ship burning.....

Wolfgang - standby Cristan..I'm getting other reports that this may well be the beginning of a massive uprising, there are reports that several tribes banded together and planned this attack for weeks preceding tonight...if this is true Bostonians will have more to think about than missing tea

Bernard (breaking in) Wolf do we know which indians were involved...let's get this straight estimates say it could be as many as 500 to a thousand...what is certain is that they attacked the ships; perhaps in an effort to cut off any escape by the citizens

Wolfgang....yes Bernard this could be very well be the beginning of an all out attack, with Boston being the flashpoint

Bernard - Thank you Cristan and Wolf...keep us updated on any new developments........on other fronts rumors abound of a revolution which would disrupt the everyday lives of all who live in these colonies..

Edited by #1 Greywolf

laugh.gif Yeah, sounds about right. But cut them some slack, the whole Boston Tea Party story has been so mangled over the years that I would bet most Americans couldn't tell you anything more factual than that tea was thrown into the harbour. I'll bet very few know that it wasn't a well-meaning protest against 'no taxation without representation' (which is what it has morphed into over the years), but a bunch of smugglers trying to protect their trade in the face of recently lowered taxes on tea. At the time, 75% of the tea coming into the colonies was being smuggled, with some fellow named John Hancock being probably the most active one.

Aaah, history. When will we start treating it a a science and not just a bunch of names and dates? rolleyes.gif

Edited by The Rat