Yakovlev Yak-1 1/72 Brengun

Hello,

At the start of the new year, I was deciding on a new build.  A few days prior, I was messing around on e-bay, and came across

the Yak-1 made by Brengun.  With this group build going on, I decided to jump in.

P1080003.jpg

This is my first Brengun kit, and I have been enjoying it.  Although it has the attributes on a limited run kit (no locating pins, resin and

photo etched parts), it has been going together nicely with only the use of small amounts of Mr. Surfacer for filling gaps.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by stevearado

Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the cockpit build when I started a couple of days ago, but took one after closing the fuselage:

P1020015.jpg

With wings, upper cowling, and lower tail piece attached.  The tail piece is being held with tape and clamps while setting.  Notice the step at the wing/fuselage joint: 

P1030016.jpg

Here is where I am at this point:

P1080019.jpg

P1080018.jpg

The steps at the wing roots and at the tail have been sanded down.  I still need to attach the canopy and clean up the wing seems and wingtips for the navlights

prior to primer/paint.

Thanks for looking.