decal alternative

hi,

i just finnished my first airplane model after a break lasting back to 1994.the plane is the DAUNTLESS from acurate.

the problem is i am not happy with the main decals result(STARS),there is airbags which i am unable to illiminate following the old traditional methods plus they shine too much.i just finnished applying the coat of future on top and soon i'll be applying the dullcoat with the airbrush.

what i want to know is wether there is an alternative to these standard decals?a more realistic and better alternative and appearance?has there been any knew tecnology since the old days?

i hope i was able to express myself well enough.

cheers

aminx :o :) :o :cheers:

Hi Aminx. If you puncture the air bubbles with a pin and add a drop of Microsol it wll probably flatten them out as long as there not too big, be sure to leave them to dry thorouhgly after the Microsol. Once youve sprayed the dullcoat the decals will no longer appear shiny. Ive not had any problems myself with AM decals but I havent build the Dauntless kit (yet).

Ellis

ATT ELLIS

hi,

where do find the MICROSOL?who makes it?whats it for?i did puncture but at the wrong time i had already applied FUTURE and i did'nt wait to dry.i used to use this method with success years back.wont do same mistake again.

aminx :cheers:

Here's what I do

1. Give the model a glossy surface with Future.

2. Once cured brush Future on to the area for the decal.

3. Place the decal in water for the required time.

4. Apply the decal to the desired spot on the model

5. Gently squeeze out the waterfrom the decal with a damp piece of kitchen paper.

6. Brush more Future on to the decal. This will pull the decal down on to the surface very firmly.

This I find works on just about any decals and gives them a painted on appearance.

HTH

Stephen