LF help on size of FLIR pod for 1/72 CH-53E

I have been waiting years for the Italeri release of an updated 1/72 CH-53E but finally bought the older kit.  It is missing the FLIR pod sticking out on the left side of the nose.  If anyone has the 1/48 Academy kit and can measure the support brackets (F19 and F20) so I can scratch one in 1/72, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Gary

This enlargeable sprue shot has a ruler visible which will enable you to scale it to obtain the measurements you're seeking, and also be able to ascertain the correct size and shape of the FLIR unit itself:

1413_1_aca12209_5.jpg

1413_2_aca12209_8.jpg

34 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

This enlargeable sprue shot has a ruler visible which will enable you to scale it to obtain the measurements you're seeking, and also be able to ascertain the correct size and shape of the FLIR unit itself:

1413_1_aca12209_5.jpg

1413_2_aca12209_8.jpg

Thanks Andy!  I looked at that but hadn't noticed the scale.

That site's sprue shots can be very useful - and the rulers they display aren't always necessary to work out sizes...

....eg., in this instance, I'd personally scale the pic on screen against a part from the 1/72 kit, such as a sponson end or drop tank, and then physically measure the FLIR parts - much simpler than enlarging to match the ruler and then doing the maths to 'scale down' to 1/72 from 1/48...

....either way you choose to do it, in this case, the pic at 81% of original size is 1/72 scale.

Thanks again. I ended up printing copies of the page and had to reduce it to fit the 1/72 parts.  It seemed to work out.  The scratched parts may not be exactly to scale but close and it will make the kit better.