Arma Hobby 1/48 Hurricane Mk.IIc

I just got this kit in the mail today from Arma Hobby in Poland.  If you haven’t seen it, and if you have any interest in the Hurricane, this is THE best kit of the airplane that’s ever been made, full stop!  Some of the best surface detail I’ve ever seen on any model in any scale.  They absolutely nailed the recessed and raised rivet detail, and the fabric detail on the aft fuselage is just beyond belief.  Several build-ups and in-progress posts around the interwebs indicate that it builds as well as it looks.  

I can’t wait to get rolling on mine!  My bench is currently under renovation (well, the room it’s in anyway), but soon!

On 7/29/2023 at 5:33 AM, Buckmeister said:

I just got this kit in the mail today from Arma Hobby in Poland.  If you haven’t seen it, and if you have any interest in the Hurricane, this is THE best kit of the airplane that’s ever been made, full stop!  Some of the best surface detail I’ve ever seen on any model in any scale.  They absolutely nailed the recessed and raised rivet detail, and the fabric detail on the aft fuselage is just beyond belief.  Several build-ups and in-progress posts around the interwebs indicate that it builds as well as it looks.  

I can’t wait to get rolling on mine!  My bench is currently under renovation (well, the room it’s in anyway), but soon!

I have only seen one at my model club night,  but I'm due one from Arma.    It was really impressive to see in person.

The kit call outs for what part option  for what markings are correct, but if you want alternate markings.....  

Anyway,  I put this together on Britmodeller

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235128469-arma-hobby-148th-hurricane-iic-optional-parts-description-spinners-cannon-barrels-tailwheels-tropical-vents/

Which hopefully will answer these questions.   i need to add a couple more details

Note, without a decent photo you won't always know either!

Arma have done an excellent job,   this kit covers parts no other kit has, well, not in the same kit, and information scattered over various references.   

And there is a well illustrated build here,  which covers some minor issues which are easy tweaks as long as you know.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235128282-arma-hobby-hawker-hurricane-iic-148

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

I  just placed my order for this kit with SprueBrothers.  It would have been great to get the version with the 3D printed seat and exhausts, but I'm sure the kits with those were limited to direct orders from Arma or preorders.   Those will be easy fixes, I'm sure, with  all  the aftermarket printed stuff that is and will be available.   I'm already planning on doing the night fighter scheme, and unusual one, but I'm a sucker for all-black fighter planes.  I did one of my Bf-109s as a night fighter, and the all-black is a challenge, but super cool when it's done right!  This is another one of  those kits, according to all the reviews, that everyone should at least consider, given the detail and build experience.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Now, what to do about my multiple Airfix Hurricanes... 😊

A little update:  I was just looking at my only completed Hurricane in our display cabinet, a 1/48 Airfix Hurricane Mk. I Tropical.  It came out well, and it's a nice plane, but I'm really anxious for the arrival of the 1/48 Arma Hurricane Mk. IIc tomorrow.  I've still got an Airfix Mk !, and another Mk. I Tropical as yet unbuilt, which I'll be able to compare to the Arma,  and it's going to be truly interesting to compare and contrast the 2 kits.

And one last update:  Well, now that I've had some time to compare the 2 unbuilt airplane models, all I can honestly say is this...the Arma Hobby airplane is so spectacular, there are hardly any words to describe it!!    Most folks have written that the Arma model goes together really well, without any significant challenges during the actual build.  And I would have to say that regardless of how difficult it may be to build, those challenges would have to be worth the effort to get through, in order to put on  display the unreal level of exterior 'presence' that shows on this plastic, which is, to my mind, the best there is or has been!  I'm guessing that the technical capabilities of molding plastic will continue to improve over the years, but it's hard to imagine that those improvements will result in an even better aircraft in 1/48 scale than this one.  Just  my $0.02 and sorry to be overly obsequious 😊...

Edited by Curt B