Aloha Everyone! 

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not the external fuel tanks for the Mig-29SMT are more often than not used for ferrying purposes. I've seen a good amount of photo's with rockets, and bombs loaded with a centerline tank but hardly any photos with the wing fuel tanks and armament. In fact I've hardly seen many photos of bombed up ones too! 

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I was trying to convey and did a poor job of, knowing the range issues the Mig-29 once had and because I've never seen the aircraft with wings tanks and armament whether bombs or missiles at the same time whether this meant these photos just depict an aircraft on a long ferry flight but as a normal practice these would be left off. 

Edited by poibrudda05

Usually only the central fuel tank is used, it is enough to solve combat tasks. Tanks under the wings are used for long-distance flight, for example, Syria - Russia. But there are no restrictions on the use of underwing tanks together with weapons - the maximum possible load is 4 tons. If you make a model and with tanks and weapons it will not be a mistake, but in real life it does not used.

Edited by Sergei Galicky, Russia