Question about metal areas on SU-27's etc...

Opinions. When do you start the metallizer process? I'm primed, base coated, and ready to apply decals. Ill apply a gloss coat over the decals to seal them in, pin wash then flat coat.... At what do you guys spray the metallizer paint? I don't want to flat coat it after decals, weathering etc. and I heard that taping over it to mask off the metallizer caused it to lift when removing the tape..

Just some opinions and suggestions and have a great day!! -Ed  

I've masked over Alclad with Tamiya masking tape that i applied adhesive side down to the back of my hand before applying it to the Alclad. I've also used the adhesive portion of post-it-notes and damp newsprint to mask over NMF areas that I felt may be prone to lifting. 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:49 PM, Cat Barf said:

I've masked over Alclad with Tamiya masking tape that i applied adhesive side down to the back of my hand before applying it to the Alclad. I've also used the adhesive portion of post-it-notes and damp newsprint to mask over NMF areas that I felt may be prone to lifting. 

Thanks for the reply and good to know!