What do you see here? (Converted napalm cannister/luggage pod)

3 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

All but one of the badges on the museum display pod post-date the A-7D's retirement by the 4450th so I would be surprised if any were worn originally.

The nose section has an ACC badge, which would have still been TAC during the 4450th's operations.

The three badges at the rear are, left to right:

49th TFW - anachronistic on two levels, as the F-117s last official operating unit was the 49th FW (no "Tactical") and the 49th never flew A-7Ds at all.

37th TFW - the operating wing for the F-117, 1989-1992 - also never flew A-7Ds, since those were replaced by AT-38Bs in early 1989 after the F-117 was declassified.

4450th TFG - the only badge that is correct for the pod's era, the 4450th flying A-7s and F-117s at Groom Lake and Tonopah from 1981 to their redesignation as the 37th TFW in 1989.

Brilliant!  Yes, I recognized the very last one, but hadn't considered that the others wouldn't even have existed during the time of the pod's use.    

So, if the other two are after-add-ons, then probably all three.

So now my last puzzlement is whether to add the ACC badge at the front....

I do recall reading that a nuclear badge had been used, presumably the yellow and orange disc?

52 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Brilliant!  Yes, I recognized the very last one, but hadn't considered that the others wouldn't even have existed during the time of the pod's use.    

So, if the other two are after-add-ons, then probably all three.

So now my last puzzlement is whether to add the ACC badge at the front....

I do recall reading that a nuclear badge had been used, presumably the yellow and orange disc?

Just to clarify my note above, the command badge would be TAC (if present) - I think A-7s were even gone from the ANG by time of the ACC changeover.  My bet would be no badges were on the original.

The wikipedia article on the 4450th in its section on Team Spirit 84 specifically refers to pods for each aircraft that deployed, and further states they featured a "radiation warning tag over an ominous-looking slot on which was printed: 'Reactor Cooling Fill Port.'" Unfortunately the source referenced (a 69 page unit history) doesn't seem to actually include such details, much less any photos or other references.

Personally I'd stick with the red/black diamond for radiation warnings, but absent anything definitive you could make a case for that or the classic "trefoil" hazard symbol as being recognizsble.