Cutting Edge CEC4829 A-26B 6-Gun Nose Conversion Kit Question

Hello,  

This post concerns Cutting Edge CEC4829 A-26B 6-Gun Nose Conversion Kit.

I recently purchased the kit.  The contents of the kit did not contain the metal tubing (hypodermic tubing) for solid machine gun jackets (gun blast tubes).

The instructions indicate hypodermic tubing should be used for the gun blast tubes.

The question is:  What size of metal tubing (brass, aluminum) or hypodermic tubing is proper for the blast tubes on a 1/48 scale Counter Invader?

Thanks,

Ellis W

Edited by ELLISW
Clarification. Grammar correction.

Hello Ellis,

I don't have the answer to your tubing question but if you're building a Counter Invader, as in the B-26K, I don't believe they used the 6 gun nose.   It was pretty much exclusively the 8 gun nose for use in SEA operations.   I think some of the earlier Farm Gate Invaders had 6 gun noses but they were from earlier USAF stocks before On Mark Engineering did their magic and turned them into Counter Invaders.

On 2/15/2024 at 6:40 PM, Illu said:

The six-gun nose was only used in WWII and Korea, not by any B-26K.

The six gun nose was also found on some of the Farm Gate A-26's during the early stages of the Vietnam War.   USAF pilots flew them with VNAF markings on them.   This was until several were lost due to wing failure.   They were then withdrawn until the B-26K was introduced. 

Here is an interesting article on the Farm Gate operations.   Farmgate_REVpp82-85.indd (airandspaceforces.com)

Edited by Drifterdon