1-32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk IXc with Quinta Studio interior decal

Three little parts come together here. At first, the one with the funny legs sticking up gave me some trouble, because I was fitting it in place backward. I was trying to fit the side of that part that is facing out of the page in the instructions onto the face of part H40. I tried a few times, but it didn't locate right. Flipping it around, it instantly fit perfectly in place - just like everything else Tamiya engineers.

P1480556.JPG

P1480555.JPG

This next step is a bit tricky. The first time I glued the two side parts together (the ones shown assembled already in this step), I got them wrong. The diagram was not conclusive to me, so I ended up putting them 180 degrees out from where they should be. At that point, I had been called upstairs to mash some potatoes, a request which I never refuse if I want to stay married.

The glue had time to dry on the poorly-orientated parts before I noticed it. It was only when I dry-fit one of the Y1 parts in place that I noticed it was at an angle, which is not correct. Luckily, I am using Tamiya extra-thin cement. A quick application of some drops of the same cement, and very quickly the parts came apart without damaging anything. I swapped the two parts around 180 degrees, and found that Y1 fit perfectly onto one end at a 90 degree angle. Phew.

I put the bag with the kit-supplied magnets beside the diagram. Hmm. Which is which? The back of the instructions to the rescue again. MG1 are the three large magnets, so I will next glue one into the remaining Y1 part with CA, then attach onto the assembly in the instructions. 

Having learned a small lesson about dry-fitting (for the 10,000th time), I will dry-fit the whole thing in place as per the next step before gluing this time, just to make sure it all orients correctly.

P1480557.JPG

P1480558.JPG

P1480559.JPG