1/72 Decals for this SU-30KI?

I know that Begemot produces a demo Flanker sheet where the Su-27SKM is featured. It is nearly the same paintscheme, only the front fuselage, in which the KI is completely grey, the SKM has additional white and black camouflage. The SKM iirc was seen as the prototype for the 27SM upgrades.

http://begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=45

While linking the sheet, i noticed that seemingly the 30KI is also part of the options! Two flies in one strike 😉

Greetings!

Woo hoo!  Thanks for this! 

Now that you posted that link, I remembered that I actually have that particular sheet. It's somewhere in my stash and I will have to try and locate it. Haven't seen it in years so I hope it's still in good condition.

Thanks again, sir :thumbsup: :worship:

For what it's worth,

Some of the earlier sheets i have from Begemot tend to yellow even though I stored them dark and dry. 

Begemot has reprinted them since, which seem to be in superior quality compared to their old prints. So it might be worth buying them new. Unless your sheet is still in pristine condition offcourse.

Have fun and share the results!

What kit are you going to use?

Actually, you are right about the yellowing. I remember now when I first got the sheet, I was disappointed with how quickly the sheet had yellowed (like it arrived already yellowed) and the white decals seemed a little off-white.

I'll probably take your advice and get a new sheet just in case.

As for kit, I'm not quite sure which one might be an accurate one.  At my disposal are the old Hasegawa Russian Knights kit as well as the original boxing:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10112493

Also, I have an old Italeri Sea - Flanker (which I believe is just Italeri's normal Flanker with carnards added). I have Hasegawa's Su-33 but not sure how much effort that would take to convert to the SU-30KI.

The Su-27 from hasegawa would probably be the easiest from within your stash.

I had the same idea and while being on the backburner now, I have the Zvezda (Revell repop) backdated to a Su-30KI. Scratching an ifr-probe on the nose, centering the offset target-tracking device and using some hasegawa spare parts (wrecked kit). However, I guess the SKM could be built (only ifr-probe) with minimal conversion from this kit. 

Edited by Fiddler