i have just purchased a small tube and would like some info on it :thumbsup:

1. does it have a finer grain than Squadron White Putty, and does it sand to a better finish?

2. what is the waiting time before i can start to sand/shape ?

any and all info on this would be greatly appreciated :cheers:

Bondo spot glazing putty is awesome. The only downside is the terrible stink, but you should already own an organic vapor respirator anyway. <_<

Depending on how thick you apply it, it can be sanded and shaped in as little as 2-3 minutes.

i have just purchased a small tube and would like some info on it <_<

1. does it have a finer grain than Squadron White Putty, and does it sand to a better finish?

2. what is the waiting time before i can start to sand/shape ?

any and all info on this would be greatly appreciated :blink:

1. YES, it certainly has finer grain and will sand to a more feathered edge than the Squadron putties.

2. Within 10-20 mins. on most thinner applications.

Bondo spot glazing putty is awesome. The only downside is the terrible stink, but you should already own an organic vapor respirator anyway. :D

Depending on how thick you apply it, it can be sanded and shaped in as little as 2-3 minutes.

What...and I'm using Tenax without a respirator. OMG...what am I doing to myself. -gaack...falls over... squeaking "MEDIC!!!!"- Well, all the more reason to go over to my local hardware store and look at their gas masks. :lol: :wacko: Because I'm looking at BONDO too.

i used Bondo today on my current build, BF2C-1, it went on a lot easier, smoothed out better, and feathered in a lot better than the Squadron puttties that i have been using :cheers: . a question, when i opened the tube there was some red sludgy liquid that came out before the actual putty, is this noraml ? if so what do i do with this red liquid ?

any and all info would be greatly appreciated :cheers:

thanks

Is this putty red in color? This isn't a two part putty that needs to be mixed first does it? Usually most tube putties seperate a bit during storage; you have to knead them a bit in the tube before using then you won't get the liquid. Be cautious whilst kneading, the tubes are more fragile than they look. If you kink the tube you'll get a "bleeder." Which then needs to be wrapped in Al foil.

hth

I've also started using Bondo too. One thing to remember is that it will melt the plastic if applied too thick. It can be used to build up areas, but only in multiple, thin applications.

Also you have a lot more time to spread it around and shape it before the final cure, unlike Squadron which seems to only be good for one pass before it kicked off.

Is this putty red in color? This isn't a two part putty that needs to be mixed first does it?

yes, it is the red putty and no, it is not a two part putty. thanks for the tip on kneading it in the tube. this is the first time i have used this putty and i am impressed as to the way it goes on and its' working time

I just called Canadian Tire the other day to find out a little more about this stuff. And found out that a nice size 1 KG tube of this is $7.99. Hmmm, Wonder how many models, this stuff will do.