FW190D-9 Hasegawa 1/32

Congratulations Chris; you've finally finished! Superb work and I sure appreciated all of the updates as it was insightful and entertaining to follow your work as well as the work on your Zero and B-25. I can't wait to see what is next. Something diffrent you say...I will look forward to it.

Outstanding Job!

Shawn <_<

:cheers: ...WOW... :cheers: ! Words cannot describe your piece of art well enough. There are no words that could be written or said that would do your model justice...period!

I really think, with your permission of course (and if it's at all possible), the Moderators here on ARC should somehow move your write-up and your pics to the ARC main page as a daily update. Anyone that doesn't see this model is missing out in my opinion.

You made my day!

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Don :cheers:

I really think, with your permission of course (and if it's at all possible), the Moderators here on ARC should somehow move your write-up and your pics to the ARC main page as a daily update. Anyone that doesn't see this model is missing out in my opinion.

Hi Don, (and others :cheers: )

well, it would be an honor to be published on ARC News front page, but without writing an article myself, I am not sure it is possible...

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

some quick news, I have been quite calm (read - lazy - about modeling since some months :o )... I never did post any picture from the cigar-shaped fuel tank I planned to add to the plane, and I just restarted a small touch-up on this part beofre next weekend exhibit in Paris (Mondial de la Miniature)...

Here is a picture from the Jerry Rutman resin tank, on which I did apply a thick coat of Mr Surfacer 500 before sanding it smooth to remove many small or not so small bubbles inside the resin...

190D9-128.jpg

I then painted the whole fuel tank in RLM76, applied a protective coat of flat clear then applied some washes and weathering...

After some time, I did add several stencil text (thanks to a friend that emailed me a very nice picture of one cigar-shaped tank with all those stencils)... All those stencils are dry-transfer decals from HobbyDecal 190D9 sheet...

190D9-129.jpg

I also drilled two holes and attached two hoses that fit between the fuel tank and the fuselage (copper wire).

Tomorrow, I will attach the fuel tank under the fuselage and link the two hoses to the belly... Before putting a end (I swear :) ) to this old thread and restart some work on the next project (do not ask, you will see pictures soon enough)...

Hi all,

some quick news, I have been quite calm (read - lazy - about modeling since some months :unsure: )... I never did post any picture from the cigar-shaped fuel tank I planned to add to the plane, and I just restarted a small touch-up on this part beofre next weekend exhibit in Paris (Mondial de la Miniature)...

Here is a picture from the Jerry Rutman resin tank, on which I did apply a thick coat of Mr Surfacer 500 before sanding it smooth to remove many small or not so small bubbles inside the resin...

190D9-128.jpg

I then painted the whole fuel tank in RLM76, applied a protective coat of flat clear then applied some washes and weathering...

After some time, I did add several stencil text (thanks to a friend that emailed me a very nice picture of one cigar-shaped tank with all those stencils)... All those stencils are dry-transfer decals from HobbyDecal 190D9 sheet...

190D9-129.jpg

I also drilled two holes and attached two hoses that fit between the fuel tank and the fuselage (copper wire).

Tomorrow, I will attach the fuel tank under the fuselage and link the two hoses to the belly... Before putting a end (I swear :cheers: ) to this old thread and restart some work on the next project (do not ask, you will see pictures soon enough)...

I was wondering where you disappeared to! :D

Good job, BTW. :cheers:

Matt B)

Chris, the drop tank will add a nice final touch to your incredible build. It is good to see a post from you after a while!

I am looking forward to seeing in-progress shots of your next project.

Take Care,

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

some people here and elsewhere asked me to post pictures of the whole aircraft with the newly added cigar-shaped fuel tank (resin from Jerry Rutman).

Here it is :

190D9-130.jpg

Picture above also allow to see the thin wire going from right undercarriage reinforcing strut to a wheel inside the wing, then all the way to the tail wheel : when the main undercarriage is retracting inside wings, the wire pulls the tail wheel inside its fuselage bay...

190D9-131.jpg

On the picture above, you can also notice the small white insulator that I did add on the rear part of the aerial wire : this is a small drop of white glue, shaped with a damp (water) brush, then painted in white.

This should be the last picture from this D9, at least until I can find some nice 1945 luftwaffe pilot figure in 1:32 with late war all leather black flying suit... if I got one I will probably make a diorama.

Next project is almost stopped... Not because of problems but because I am a bit lazy... I am spending free time on other hobbies right now, I will get back to you with work in progress pictures as soon as possible.

Chris