1/72 Italeri Bf-109F-2

My first post in Critique Corner....here goes nothing!

I was excited when I heard that Finemolds was finally going to fill a long absent hole in the 1/72 109 world by producing a 109F. I was less thrilled when I found out the price tage was about $20. Since I had a few Italeri kits on the shelf that I picked up cheap on ebay I decided to see what could be done with it.

The two most glaring errors in my mind are the wheels (too big) and the landing gear (too far out from fuselage). True details makes a nice set of resin wheels so that's easy. I moved the landing gear in board by simply cutting out the channel where the struts retract into. Nothing real elegant but it does much to improve the look of the plane. I'm not real happy with the spinner either but a home made resin replacement will be installed soon.

This is Hans Von Hahn's mount from the Summer of '41, with one of those paint schemes that reinforces my affection for this airplane. Decals are Eagle Strike and paint is Testor's MM.

109f4a1.jpg

109f4b1.jpg