Spray Booth nearly finished

I finished my booth in record tome on sunday morning, I cheated and used a product called Rapid Mitre fix to glue it all together. I do intend to put some propper fixings into it If I am happy with the results. It is not a down-draught type booth as mentioned before. I did say that I was making this up as I went along. :lol:

I dont think the fan selected will really be man enough for the job, but as it would be very easy to install a better fan due to the design I am considering this already. I may even change the booth design.

Thanks to the Cop for giving me friendly kick up the butt. Getting the project done (early) meant that I could spend the rest of the day in the sun. :wave:

Galvanised mesh used to stop the filter from 'caving in' stapled in place with cable tacking gun. you can see how easy it was to make, glued together, rear panel is hardboard tacked on with panel pins, just like flat-pack furniture (I should'nt be proud of that!). and lots of silicone applied inside on joints just to really seal the enclosure up. If i'm not happy with it I reckon I could break it all down, scrape off the glue and silicone and still use all of the parts for the re-design. I will try a bigger fan before doing this first.

Looking good mate.

With regards the fan have you tried running it without the filter element as that will restrict the airflow considerably. And as it was pointed out to me, if its ducted to take the fumes directly outside why use a filter.

Or if you don`t fancy the garden smelling, how about a `Y` connection in the ducting being fed by two fans.

But this is the beauty of our home grown booths, they can be adapted to suit our needs cheaply and easily. I just priced up a commercially available unit from Harrogate. Nothing special only for light domestic use, that will be £560 please sir.

Yeh right.

Once again nice looking booth DIY isn`t dead long live DIY.

Cop :thumbsup:

You don't, but prepare to have your fan coated with about 1/4 inch of paint dust rather quickly. I ran a small spraybooth with a 230 cfm squirrel cage blower, after about 4 models every blade was coated with this crud, a lot.I used 16x20 furnace filters and would change when they became thickly coated with dust. It is easier to chunk a filter than to remove fan and clean it , though it is still required after few months of average use. The filter will also help as a plenum, directing the airflow through the booth better. My new booth sports a 1000 cfm fan I dampered way down to about 400 cfm, but it has a large opening for illustration and big kits, which requires that much flow.

Hague