MaRiO'S Patriot (F-5E FAM) - Progress

Hey Guys...

Update on my F-5. I've covered the hole behind the cockpit tub... used Styrene sheets to do this

right now I'm stuck in a problem, the intakes are see-through all the way to the Exhausts, how can I fix this??? Should I put a a Tube behind the Exhausts to cover this??? or are FOD Guards a better Suggestion??

TIA again :thumbsup::)

The intake of the F-5 is very long. It's going back to the louvers between wings and elevators. So I think it will be a realy hard thing to do scratch the whole intake. If You're doing this, let me know ... I'm also searching about some informations of this area ..

:lol:

It is a matter of vision then (or lack thereof). Suppose you place a piece of styrene far enough from the exhaustend that no one can see that deep down the exhausts or far up the intakes. Once the exhausts are glued in place and that styrene light blocker is in place....Basically I figure that if you can shut out a lot of the light, you ought to be okay. :lol:

Pic 2, hole Covered

My opinion:

Do both FOD-covers, front and aft! Take a look on the intake on Your picture and compare the "sidewalls" with this pictute. You would have to sand them very thin and build up the intake pipe very deep into the fuselage. If You cover them, You also have no troubles with the perforated plate on the fuselage-sides.