In 2002 I built a LTD 1/48 IAR-80, it was pretty much right from the box and was a very enjoyable build. Last spring I sold the model and was then approached with a request to build another for a gentleman in Brussels. I thought, hmmm, I have gotten better over the last few years. This seemed like a good opportunity to not only build a fun kit again but to add some little extras. So here we go, first the interior got dressed up with manufacture blueprints as a guide.

interior2.jpg

The dash got a total overhaul. Still not completely accurate but much better than it was.

interior6.jpg

I scratch built a gun site, again based on manufacture blueprints. This is mounted on the sharpened tip of a toothpick.

gunsight.jpg

The landing gear was overhauled with brake lines, oleo arms and new wheels added.

gear1.jpg

The engine was detailed and installed then after two days of filling, priming, sanding and priming again she was ready for some post shading.

shade2.jpg

As of last night the cowl was done with Chrome Yellow then masked and the lower wing has been done with RLM-76. The fuselage belly has the same camouflage pattern as the upper surface which is why it has not been painted yet.

wing2.jpg

All this is detailed in a construction feature here ... http://www.swannysmodels.com/IAR80C.html