RAF Roundels??

Some of the decals I have portray 3 different upper wing roundels; ( red/white/blue... type A??) ( red/blue..type b ) ( red/white/blue yello... type ??)

Can I use whatever I like if I'm not doing a particular aircraft?... In other words... I would like to avoid using all " b" roundels on the upper wings if I could...

Thanks, Henry

What is most bizarre about this is that Type A, B etc were NOT official classifications, but a notation for modellers & enthusiasts developed in the 1950s by the late Bruce Robertson. (Hence the 1970s - current 'tactical' roundel isn't in the system, though it should be type 'E'.

Basically, for WW2 aircraft, the red/blue roundels went on the upper wing, red/white/blue/yellow on the fuselage and red/white/blue on the underside of the wing. Late in the war, for fighters, the upper wing had red/white/blue (Type C) ones. Pre-war, you had type 'A's overall except bombers

What subject do you want to build?

One minor addition - not just fighters had the C roundel on the upper wing after January 1945. I need a stack of big ones for my Halifaxes..... I will accept spare red/blue wing roundels left over from Matchbox Canberra PR Mk.9s!