problems with my BB F-14D cockpit

I am having the same the problem. The pit appears to be postioned right it looks like the seats are the problem. The front of the seat stops on the upper floor section before the seat bottom touchs the lower floor. So it is not something you have done wrong it looks like a design problem with the set.

Danny

I agree, the seats do not appear to naturally fit correctly. I guess it is a matter of playing with it until it fits correctly. Comparing my pit so far with the ones in the gallery, I am assuming that the majority of the F-14D canopies in the gallery, that use the BB kit, do not close fully.

Edited by Godfinger

Why build a kit using the most detailed cockpit set around and then close the canopy? The BB tub was designed to be displayed open (although with modification I'm sure it could be displayed closed). Better instead to use the kit tub if you're gonna close the canopy. :thumbsup:

I agree. My intention was to never close the canopy. I wanted to be sure that the seats where at the proper position and height like the real aircraft. I concluded that if the canopy did not close, then the seats or the pit itself were not in the correct position. But from what I am hearing, the consensus is that it does not matter because no one will no the difference. If this is the case then it is fine with me.

Edited by Godfinger