Sunday Night TV - Discovery Channel

Well, not a bad show...gave me a better idea of how the cargo seat along the port side wall in the Jayhawk is set up, and also allayed some concerns about my choice of interior color on my Jayhawk: I was afraid I had mixed my blue-gray too blue, but the footage of the real McCoy indicates I'm pretty much on the money :wave: I was amused about the sequence with the crew that had the Senior Chief for a rescue swimmer...the video shot from the interior showed them deploying from an HH-65, but once they switched to "swimmer cam" it showed an HH-60J...so either they mixed up their video clips, or that's a pretty neat helo quick change, LOL :D

I was amused about the sequence with the crew that had the Senior Chief for a rescue swimmer...the video shot from the interior showed them deploying from an HH-65, but once they switched to "swimmer cam" it showed an HH-60J...so either they mixed up their video clips, or that's a pretty neat helo quick change, LOL  :D

Yeah, I caught that too.....what's a rivet-counter called in TV-speak?? :cheers:

I was impressed by the number of people they stuffed into that HH-65; the transmission must have been knackered!!

Also makes me realize that the rescue swimmers have big brass clangers in their shorts; I'm deathly afraid of heights, and those guys go up and down on the wire like it's taking an elevator to work!! :wave:

Also makes me realize that the rescue swimmers have big brass clangers in their shorts; I'm deathly afraid of heights, and those guys go up and down on the wire like it's taking an elevator to work!! :bobby:

Ahhhhh...I'm a firefighter, so the hoist cable thing wouldn't bother me at all...what sends shivers up my spine are the accounts I have read where HH-65's have made night rescues off shore, and the number of survivors exceeds the weight limit of the helo, so they leave the swimmer treading water to wait for a second bird to pick him up. I'm not fond of swimming in the ocean to start with, but at night, by myself, in bad weather? Forget about it! LOL

• 4 weeks later...

You think that show was good.....you should have been on the ground down there. It was a show to see when all the military started the airlift out before Rita hit. Canadian Sea Kings, Marine Super Sea Stallions, Jayhawks, Blackhawks, Seahawks, Hueys, Dolphins. There was even an old Sky Crane replacing the power line towers out near St. Bernards Parish. Even saw Marine One at the Folgers Plant. Way cool.

• 3 weeks later...