Air Lines 1/72 Sea Fury

G'day

I'm receiving this from the US, and I was wondering how it goes together as a kit. All opinions/advice welcome.

At the mo I'm planning it to be either Carmichael's aircraft (NZ's sole Sea Fury operated in those colours) or an Iraqi aircraft...so if anyone has any decals please PM or email me thanks.

Edited by K5054NZ

Air Lines was one of several names used to market Frog kits, sometimes due to shifting trade arrangements and sometimes as ownership changed. I believe the name arose during the Lines Bros. days, for obvious reasons. I can't remember if it was used in the UK but we saw them here in Canada and they were quite common in the States.

We also saw Frog kits sold under the AMT name (I had the Shackleton and Marauder) and also as Hasegawa kits in Japan (and elsewhere?) There were reciprocal arrangements with Hasegawa and that's where the Frog labelled Lightning 6 and Neptune came from. All very confusing, no less then than it is today.

The Frog Sea Fury kit is a child of the sixties and there's nothin' wrong with that. The kit is basically accurate, if basic compared to what we are used to seeing these days. It was moulded in grey and had separate control surfaces (no expensive resin needed!). The outer wings were separate but the fold had no detail of any kind so you're on your own there. There were overload tanks and rockets. There's no particular interior or wheel well detail. The only actual problem I remember (hey, it was 40 years ago!) was a less than clear canopy. I believe Falcon has one in their range.

It was good value too - I recall picking up 3 of them for $1.33 on sale in a department store. Even allowing for inflation, that was quite a value.

Edited by Bob Perry