PK-125 Norseman (plus Skyhawk)

Hey all-

To prove I've started, here's the first of the subassemblies for my Norseman build (with my Skyhawk off to the side, don't know if we need another PK-29 thread- especially since mine isn't near as good!). This kit has been sitting in my stash since age 13, so this is pure nostalgia! :wave:

I was a bit dissapointed that my Skyhawk was two colours, but was the rather drab grey/white (not the cool brown deal I see some others have)- so I dragged out the 3-colour Norseman looking for that Matchox style- much better! That brilliant yellow really takes me back... Also note the blue splotching caused by overspray from some Macross kit I was building circa 1986... :wave: I've had to give each part a little sanding as they come off the sprue. The kit is seriously grungy on top of that.

Just have to say this GB is the best idea ever to get folks like me kicked into building. Hope to show more progress soon!

:bobby: Andrew

I had picked out my Norseman to do :rolleyes:

Crikey, I might have to look at something else now!

I might build the kit anyway, I need a floatplane in my display cabinet.

What scheme are you doing yours in Andrew?

There are some nice markngs by Whiskey Jack that I might invest in for my Norseman.

:D

MikeJ

Hi Mike!

Don't mean to derail your build- go for it! Yours will turn out much nicer I suspect- I'm a bit of a hack so Matchbox is just about my level :lol:

I'm going to do an early war RCAF scheme (yellow)- I have a couple of later "revell germany" sponsored boxings of the Norseman (from 1991) that have this scheme included. I will be changing the number codes to an example that was based on the West Coast of Canada during the war. (see below)

So- I think I still have the Northway decals around here somewhere if you're looking for a civil scheme, I also have the later, better printed decals for the USAF example- you're more than welcome to either if you need them. In addition, if you'd like some Whiskey Jack decals I can grab them direct from the source for you (distributor Blue Mountain Hobbies is just down the road from me)- be pleased to help out and could well be cheaper...

Thanks again for this GB Mike! :cheers:

Andrew

I had picked out my Norseman to do :)

Crikey, I might have to look at something else now!

I might build the kit anyway, I need a floatplane in my display cabinet.

What scheme are you doing yours in Andrew?

There are some nice markngs by Whiskey Jack that I might invest in for my Norseman.

:lol:

MikeJ

So- I think I still have the Northway decals around here somewhere if you're looking for a civil scheme, I also have the later, better printed decals for the USAF example- you're more than welcome to either if you need them. In addition, if you'd like some Whiskey Jack decals I can grab them direct from the source for you (distributor Blue Mountain Hobbies is just down the road from me)- be pleased to help out and could well be cheaper...

Thanks again for this GB Mike! <_<

Andrew

Andrew

Thanks for that offer, can you PM me to discuss?

Also, glad you are enjoying the GB!

:stooges:

MikeJ