F-16C Block 40/50

Hi guys

I need your help...

My Tamiya F-16C is now almost ready for painting but I do not know what aircraft to portray yet, I could do either a block40 (got the HUD and the re-enforcement plates) or a block 50. Unfortuntely all the really nice markings I have found so far are for ANG planes, but the ANG does not use block40/50...:-( apart from some small interim periods. So here is the question. Please make suggestions on nice birds and please also check if 1/32scale decals are available? I also think about using dry transfers for the first time...are they worth the investment?

Can't wait to get your suggestions...

thanks

Uwe

PS: ...want a US bird in two color camo...

you could also go the route of twobobs for a Block 52 jet of the South Carolina ANG-with the big billboard titling-I believe it's available in 1/32. There are a few ANG units who fly Block 42's such as Ohio and Oklahoma. Twobobs also has a series of BIG MOUTH Vipers you may want to look into-both block 40 and 50s.

Hello again

Thanks a lot guys, I think I found a nice one...

AF 89013 tailcode WP from Kunsa AB...the one with the wolf on the tail. It's a block 40, so I can use the War HUD and the scrab plates...

Now, are there any good fotos around so I can start painting? What do I have to search for?

thanks a lot

Uwe

PS: Must get this Tamiya block 30 bird soon...those ANG CO conference birds are just too nice to be true!!! I wish the AF in general would loosen there camo regulations, doesn't help you anyway in the 21st century...and besides there aren't any enemies left in the air...they all sit on the ground now a days!

Edited by anj4de