question for the F-14 guys

I recently bought this VF-111 CAM sheet sheet here is the shot from the CAM site, for my 1/32 Revell F-14A. now I have a few questions about this jet,

-1. it isn't clear to my what the inside colors are for the Vertical stabs (I couldn't find pics of this jet, but other jets are normal gray on the inside except for the tip witch is red).

-2. on the instructions you can see it doesn't have the TCS camera pod, at around what that came these pods in to service and are the different kinds interchangable??

-3. Am I correct if I say 1985 was an change in missile colors?? so I could install gray Sparrow's and white Sidewinders??

-4. has anyone a picture of this aircraft. Bn is 160660.

Hope you guys can get me some answers to this questions :)

well that is my second 1/32 F-14 sheet that is wrong :)

is there a list somewhere that says what sheet is wrong and what is correct?

for this time I will go with it, are you guys certain it never flew with the black markings?

Yes but note the different Tail Markings

160660[1].jpg

I dont know whether the 160660 every flew in the scheme as depicted by CAM, it may well have but I haven't found any other pics of it.

Heres what she looks like in 1/72 scale

HS_F14A_016_005.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

It shouldn't be too hard to correct those two mistakes, at least the national insignas can be corected in seconds.

Well, the modex number is also not even angled so, it should be possible to find some, or print some decals for it.

SCOUT

Scout I know, But I just don't want to go through all that trouble again, I don't want to spend more money on this model, first I bought the VX-4 superscale sheet, finding out they got all the markings low-vis they should be High vis, so I thought this sheet was Ok. it wasn't Now it is just fine by me. I know I can buy the CAM high vis markings (If I can find it, all the shops I normaly use put it on sold out).

Next time I build the F-14A I will check the reference first then Buy :banana:

And looking at andy's model it looks fine by me :cheers:

Scout I know, But I just don't want to go through all that trouble again, I don't want to spend more money on this model, first I bought the VX-4 superscale sheet, finding out they got all the markings low-vis they should be High vis, so I thought this sheet was Ok. it wasn't Now it is just fine by me. I know I can buy the CAM high vis markings (If I can find it, all the shops I normaly use put it on sold out).

Next time I build the F-14A I will check the reference first then Buy :banana:

And looking at andy's model it looks fine by me :cheers:

That's Ok, what I just wanted to say is, that usually some Hi Vis markings for the stars and bars are in about every spares box, right ? I guess you will find some unused kit decals.

SCOUT

will this is my first 1/32 model :worship: and the High vis markings of the kit are for the VF-1 version compleet whit all the art around it (and it is a real big national marking :banana:) the rest of my 1/32 models are airforce or low-vis navy (don't know what the size of the A-7E decals are, still waiting on my package :))