1/48 Hasegawa F-15

I haven't built a model in years. Helping my kids get started just had me itching to build something myself, and since I decided on the minor task of building 1/48 scale models showing the history of the First Fighter Wing (ha!) I thought this group build would be a great place to start. Hopefully my entry has been received, I see it hasn't been updated for a couple of days.

I'm building the 1/48 scale Hasegawa F-15C kit, planning to do it OOB so the wife doesn't kill me, and am about to go order the 71st decals from Bob. Anyway, if you can call it a start, here it is:

f15start.jpg

I'm impressed with the detail on the newer kits in general, a little disappointed to see that the cockpit doesn't reflect MSIP modification. I can live with the LAU-114s. Being an old weapons guy, and sort of specializing in the gun system, I am a little more disappointed that this is all I get to represent the gun:

f15gun.jpg

But I promised the wife I wouldn't get too carried away. Yet. So there's my start. I opened the box.

I am a little more disappointed that this is all I get to represent the gun

Twahl: Welcome aboard ARC; and welcome to the F-15 Group build. If you want to have a full representation of the Vulcan for your F-15, You've got to go large, say "Super Size It!", and buy the Tamiya 1/32 F-15 which has an opening gun bay door and full representation of the whole enchilada, not just the muzzle ring. Understand this can be an issue with the Mrs, but I think you'd find it worth it...

twahl,

As harv said, welcome to ARC.

The Hasegawa kit builds into a fine representation of the F-15 right out of the box, with only a few tricky spots, such as the seam between the forward and rear fuselage sections. You'll be impressed when she's finished up.

See if you can talk your wife into a resin seat, it will really improve the look of the cockpit, and at a farily minimal cost. ;)