Hey all,

Does anyone make a 1:48th T700 family engine in resin? I'd like to do one of my Apaches with open nacelles at some point and was hoping someone did one. Didn't see any on CobraCompany, so I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knew.

Thanks!

Jon

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Hi jon,

The best i could find for you was a verlinden update in the 1/48th,it is at www.megahobby.com the search is ah-64. it is for revell but you could use it for most kits. hope this helps.

LB

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Hey jon do you know if the grey birds of the 1-151st have a longbow body but with the a mast.also do you know of any full sets of decals for 94-0332 , i ask this becuase someone said the isradecals are not full. Thank you jon

LB

LB,

Thanks for the tip. Squadron's got the set on sale for $18, so I picked one up. It doesn't have engines in it, but for my next A model I'll be able to open up some panels quite nicely.

South Carolina (and most Guard units) fly the AH-64A. The Longbow is the D model and currently only the Arizona Guard has them. Three other units, including SC and my unit in PA will be getting Longbows within the next two years. The IsraDecal sheet is fantastic when it comes to aircraft stencilling, but they rushed to be the first decals of the SC birds out there and left out several important markings. There aren't any eyes included, nor is the Palmetto identifier on the nacelles correct.

There will be decals for three birds from SC coming out. I can't say when, but they will be out sooner or later.

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian

Jon,

The only aftermarket engine set that I am aware of is the 1/72 CMK resin and P/E set for the Academy AH-64 kit. They also have a cockpit set too (in case you ever want to downsize. <_< ).

EDIT: Whoops, I see Dr. Plastic already covered this. Good lesson in reading the whole thread before answering.

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Alby Moore
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Jon thanks for the help,i am not sure what the palmetto identifier is,are they the black lines on the nacelles? Well thank you jon.I forgot to ask you in the last time around are all the sensors on the longbow on the appaches you fly?also hope your flight was fun thank you again.

LB

Edited by LITTLE BIRD 117

South Carolina is the Palmetto state. Their flag is a Palmetto tree with a crescent moon. Their Apaches have a Palmetto and crescent moon on their nacelles as their tactical identifier. The decals from IsraDecal have the tree, but no moon.

As for the birds I fly, they have all of the TADS/PNVS sensors in the nose, but we don't carry any countermeasures on board, since there's no threat to worry about. Can't go into much more detail about the stuff we don't have, but we have all of the regular junk up in the nose turrets.

Jon

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Jon thanks again for the help.this is going to be a challenge to make! I hope it turns out for the best i drew a picture of one.I think it is pretty good to.I took me about four days to make.i will try and post it for you to see but i will have to find a way to do it first.Thank you for everything.have fun flying.

THank you,

Jake